- No school credit is given. We can issue a duplicate certificate of completion to students and/or their parents or guardians if needed for insurance purposes.
- The program will meet the minimum requirements of the Idaho State Department of Education: fully qualified instructors; state approved textbooks; safety equipped automobiles including dual brakes; and INSURANCE COVERAGE while the students are in the program.
- All rules and regulations of The Boise School District will be enforced. These regulations include, but are not limited to, improper language, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, defacing property, and the NO TOLERANCE policy adopted by the School Board, regarding weapons, etc.
- In the State of Idaho and City of Boise the student driver is responsible for any citation incurred during the course. Proven negligence on the part of the instructor would be an exception.
- Students are expected to be in attendance and on time EVERY DAY classes are scheduled. There is a minimum of 30 hours of classroom, 6 hours of driving and 11hours of observation to be completed to meet requirements of the State and the District to pass the course. A makeup fee of $30.00 per hour will be charged for any class missed due to a tardy or absences.
- THE FEE FOR THE DRIVER’S LICENSE IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE OTHER FEES ALREADY PAID. If students have successfully completed the course they will receive their permit to continue on with the graduated license requirements.
- IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO DRIVE ANY PRIVATE MOTOR VEHICLE (CYCLES OR CARS) ON PUBLIC STREETS OR ROADS DURING THE DRIVER EDUCATION COURSE. We are required by law to immediately drop from the course and fail any student driving without a valid Idaho Driver’s License.
Special Note for Parents
Please keep in mind when your son/daughter has successfully completed this course, he/she will have received the minimum number of hours required by the Idaho State Department of Education. During the Driver Education program many driving skills will have been practiced several times. We want to emphasize that this is only the beginning of the process of learning to drive. As stated in the Graduated Driver Licensing information, you will be required to drive with your student for a period of six months and 50 hours (10 night time) before they will receive a driver's license. Your cooperation will ensure a better driver.
Summer Drivers Education
We are currently accepting applications to our Summer Driver Education classes!